Saturday 4 July 2015

Bigger bowl and the latest pendants

Away from the studio lately but have managed to get a larger (for me) bowl out of the kiln and a couple of new pendants. The bowl opens out to 15cm or 6inches to give you an idea of the size. It's not enormous, but it is a step up from my little bowls. I am finding that I am not needing to cut the tops off these days to level out my bowls. This in itself is an achievement!
Not sure about the tree pendant. I think the colour on the leaves needs to be darker to stand out more.

In other news, I get to open my Gary Rith pottery soon! Yay!!!
And here's a photo of one of my crimson rosellas...


4 comments:

  1. I was wondering when you could open your package :) AWESOME bowl up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bowl and sweet birdie! Toes crossed that you are having a good winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of the bowl, the pendant is subtle I like it. I am always amazed at colorfulness of the birds from your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smartcat, it is really looking like Winter this week, very dreary. We've been lucky up until now though. Linda you have helped me decide. I was hesitating about putting a chain on the tree pendant. I am seeing it in a better light now.

    ReplyDelete