Wednesday 10 April 2013

Beginnings...

It all began with a pinch pot formed into a bug. This was my introduction to clay when I joined the Mildura Pottery Group at the start of the year.
This was closely followed by a pinch pot turned into a chook bowl. Very rough. Getting better at smoothing now. We place newly collected eggs into this each morning before they get moved to the fridge.
Next came a project for my mother. She had been given a lovely Swarovski pen so I made a pen holder for it. Try to imagine roses winding around it.

The obvious goal for the part owner of two chooks, an egg cup. First experiment with bleeding one glaze into another. Loving Whitsunday Blue and Iron Oxide. Will try not to glaze everything with these colours.
My aunty loves all things owl related, so she became my next victim recipient.
After two months I moved on to something a bit different. I started to feel like there was a grain of creativity in me once I completed these. I especially like the leaf bowl/candle holder.
I hope it appears I am making progress! Regardless, I sure am having fun.

2 comments:

  1. You are coming along in leaps and bounds.Your latest animals are so cute I could not resist putting a photo of them on my post today, (without you permission sorry) but the post is about the pottery club. Imagine my surprise when I get to Mud Colony and you are already here. Your enjoyment of working with clay is reflected in the pieces you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy to have the animals online. I've been able to show them to friends who didn't get to see them yet. Thank you for your support and kind words. Am loving every minute I have clay in my hands.

    ReplyDelete