Thursday 4 July 2013

New glazes and a novel for potters

I found a glaze to suit the chickens I wanted to make. Chrysanthos brand, mid brown underglaze. These chickens represent our backyard chickens so one is slightly bigger than the other as in real life.
I also tried out Cesco royal blue full glaze...
Photo doesn't really do the colour justice.
And Cesco lavendar full glaze...
And I have just finished reading a novel that I would like to recommend to you all called A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park. It is about a boy working for a potter in Korea in the twelfth century. Not only did I become totally absorbed in the story and the characters but the references to pottery techniques added extra interest.


1 comment:

  1. love your chickens and I will look out for that book.. sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete