Sunday 25 January 2015

Animals for friends

Do you know someone who collects frogs or owls or elephants? Not the real thing, but miniatures in ceramics, or wood etc? A while ago I made an owl for my aunty who collects owls. It has been on my mind to make an elephant for someone I work with as she collects elephants. Then I thought why not make an animal for each of my workmates, depending on their interests. So at the moment there is a cat with underglaze at the studio waiting for clear glaze and a second firing. Here at home I have just made an elephant and an owl:

I am still undecided on whether to colour them or just clear glaze them for that lovely stoneware white colour I am loving right now. I think probably the latter as my shaky hands makes underglazing quite frustrating for me. Expect an update.

2 comments: